Milan Fashion Week FW07 Wrapup I

It's Milan time! While I don't care for all the collections shown in Milan, there are (exactly) five shows that I do look foward to each time.
Prada
The show that I look most foward to in Milan. I haven't seen something so fresh on the runway for so long, (granted, I've only been into fashion for a few years.) This collection makes one feel so many things, so many that I don't know how to describe this collection. It's simple, yet not so (in terms of fabric); it's not flashy, but it is still so strangely glamorous at the same time; it's a FW collection, but the colours were so fresh it felt like a SS collection; with the sober tailoring and expensive material, it's grown-up, but with the laminating colour flashes and knee-high socks, it seemed young. Can we say genius?
Simple, elegant grown-up clothes.
Weird fluffy, shaggy material jacket. And look, bright mustard yellow socks!
Solid blocks of colours -is that very 90's? Plus, the outfit with the coat without sleeves on the right -unsexy yet glamorous.
Look at the dress on Sasha (middle) -it looks like an ordinary black dress, but the skirt section is made of a different material as the top part. Plus, I really want that hat! Tada, Miuccia is already sporting her FW07 vision.
Miuccia Prada said, "simple and strange"; Suzy Menkes said, "Prada vision light year ahead". Loves it.
Burberry
I have to say, the key designers have really been surprising me this season in terms of colours and direction. This Burberry collection was a departure from the previous ones. It's so dark, elegantly edgy and slightly severe. I mean, I usually associate Burberry with older rich people who favour pretty, somewhat fashionable and elegant designs. Not that this collection isn't elegant -it is -but it's just darker than one would imagine. I like dark things, so I like this collection, but what do the normal Burberry fans think?
Dark, somewhat shiny coats of many varieties, including parkas. A-line silhouette created with above-knee dresses or coats and belts.
Tights with ankle boots continue to rock next FW.
I really like these edgy-feeling, pretty, knee-high dresses. The elbow gloves make the outfit look even more edgy sleek.
D&G
Hmm, I'm not much of a D&G fan, but it's always fun to look at the more youthful collections. This collection is all about leopard prints, leopard prints and leopard prints in a 50's way.
Is it just me or does this collection seem less trashy than the past D&G collections?
The colour palette was quite neatrual -black, cream, gold, red and err, leopard prints.
Observe the HUGE bag (in the right photo).
What did you think of these collections? Can't wait to see more from Milan!
Photo sources: Style.com, Elle

disclaimer

This site is for pure fun and speculation.All images on this site are taken from the web. If you own rights to any of the images and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail and the images will be removed promptly.
top