Fancy Casual Tops

I know, this title seems like an oxymoron. But you know what I mean. I mean those shirts that are fancy but casual at the same time. Plain but with a bit of a twist here and there to make it special and worth its (usually exorbitant) price. We all need a few like these in our wardrobe amongst the basics to give our outfits a bit more definition and style. So here are some I like this season:

Since the last post, I found some more cool graphic tees from Top Shop that I totally don't mind having. So I thought I'd just put it in here.

Make a bold statement with these polka dot and geometric printed shirts (left: Marc by MJ, right: Spring and Clifton). These are definitely something you would wear with some very plain basics, like jeans or solid colored bottoms.
Something a little bit more subtle but still has a lot of style, there are these two very pretty and feminine shirts from Top Shop. I actually REALLY like the corset/tee shirt on the right. Its from the Kate Moss collection and I like it because its different but still very simple so would match a LOAD of things from casual jeans to a pretty evening skirt. Some more cute camis. The united coloring makes these two camis easy to wear and the textured pattern gives it a more delicate and feminine touch. (Left: Catherine Maladrino, Right: Juicy Couture).

Back to solid colored shirts, we have more versatile but feminine and cute tees. I am loving these designs from McQ (left) and See by Chloe (right). These are definitely something I'd like to pair my printed summer dresses with, without looking too casual in a simple white tee and such.
I simple ADORE the neckline design of these two from Marc by Marc Jacobs. In fact, I REALLY want that tank on the left. It would look good and pretty by itself or underneath a blazer without being overpowering.

A continuation of the simple oversized shirt thing going on this seasn, I thought I just throw in these two from Alice + Olivia (left) and Top Shop (right).

Now these are the definition of simple with a twist! I definitely see myself in the sleeveles by Marc by Marc Jacobs, both for day AND night. And the Vanessa Bruno ATHE top for the day as a more feminine version of the oversize top thing.

A simpler (and cheaper) version of the grey Marc by MJ top above. This one is from Top Shop. And for those in the UK, I think this red top from the Kate Moss collection at Top Shop is a GREAT investment. These folds you see here are at the back, from the front it looks like a plain scoop necked tank. And unlike some back-folding detail shirts I've seen this season, I think this one actually looks flattering. How cool is that? Definitely go check it out!

Photo Credits: Shopbop, Top Shop, Net-a-Porter

disclaimer

This site is for pure fun and speculation.All images on this site are taken from the web. If you own rights to any of the images and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail and the images will be removed promptly.
top