Alexander McQueen For Puma SS07

Hey people, my exams are over and I'm back! OK, now most days, I am all about being practical, walking fast and keeping my feet warm (during winter). And even though I love ogling at gorgeous, trendy shoes, the only footwear I have actually been wearing a lot are my tatty, 5 year old, Addidas-lookalike Sketcher sneakers. Said Sketchers are about to break apart any day now and I have started to take notice of the sneakers available around me.

To me, Nike sporty sneakers are my favourite for sports and I don't really like Nike's non-sporty sneakers. I had bad experience with Puma sneakers many years ago and I just couldn't find my ideal pair of Addidas yet. Converse is a bit too flimsy to keep my feet warm during winter and Sketchers are just too sugary for me nowadays.

Luckily on a shopping trip, my mum noticed this cool pair of sneakers and told me to try them on (mums seem to spot pretty things that we don't.) Tada... I finally found a new pair of sneakers! I love how they're sneakers with cool details and a bit of edge, (although I won't be wearing them in the rain until the novelty wears off!) I was slightly surprised because this pair is by Alexander McQueen for Puma and when the AMQ for Puma line first came out a season or two ago, I thought they were ugly.

OK, so ugly isn't the right word. It's just that the last few collections seemed a bit alien-ish. They had funny toe bits (as shown in the picture), which I'm sure is supposed to be avant-garde and all, but it just looked weird to me. Plus I didn't like the colours. (All the pictures in this post is from the SS07 collection.)

I don't like the toe bit here but leather sneakers are way cool and useful.

For those who understand this, McQueen's inspiration quoted from the site: 'For Spring/Summer 2007, the study of anatomy continues through the exploration of body ornamentation with references to the Masai tribe culture.'

This pair is quite pretty, and not as 'designed'-looking as the others too.

Photo credit:
http://alexandermcqueen.puma.com

disclaimer

This site is for pure fun and speculation.All images on this site are taken from the web. If you own rights to any of the images and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail and the images will be removed promptly.
top