One of my favourite ways to wear skinny scarves has been to wear it like a tie. (Emphasise on the 'like' -I still haven't figured out how to tie a tie yet even though I have been taught several times.) So recently I was styling and shopping my friend for her pre-graduation party season For her traffic light party, she already had a basic cotton, round-necked, short-sleeved dress. It wasn't a dress that screamed party so I decided accessories. The obvious choice would be to go for an oh-so-popular wide, patent leather belt, but it didn't really suit her. So I chose her a thin, silver sequined scarf from Oasis (a UK high street store,). I've seen her party photos and believe me, the sequined scarf really adds a sparkly-and-glam factor to an outfit. Here's an imitation of her outfit:

A plain dress from Top Shop. While dresses like that aren't exactly party material, they are good for day-to-night days. Plus -

For night, add a sequined scarf to make the basic dress more fun.

If you have a dressy event and you want to wear a sequined scarf, make sure your dress is pretty plain, like this purple Shelly Steffee slip dress or this electric blue Julie Haus Cha Cha dress.

Even though I haven't tried it yet, I suspect a sequined scarf would also look cool with strapless dresses. The green A-line dress if by Susana Monaco and the black one if by Laila Azhar.

Or a V-neck dress.

This woven beaded scarf is also from Oasis. It's not as sparkly as the all-sequined one, but I can't find the exact photo on Oasis' website.

If sequined scarves are too 'bling' or 'shiny' for you, then maybe go for a metallic scarf and wrap it all around your neck like in this image from Urban Outfitters.

Image credits: www.shopbop.com, www.oasis-stores.com, www.asos.com, www.urbanoutfitters.co.uk, www.topshop.com

disclaimer

This site is for pure fun and speculation.All images on this site are taken from the web. If you own rights to any of the images and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail and the images will be removed promptly.
top